Organized in 1981 as a foundation to promote chiropractic education and research for the state of Kansas. The Foundation was founded for the purposes of providing research in the field of chiropractic and educating the public about chiropractic care.
The KCF is a separate and distinct entity from the KCA and is not politically affiliated.
This corporation is organized not for profit and the nature of its business or purpose to be conducted or promoted is to operate exclusively as an educational, charitable and scientific organization.
- Promote the science of chiropractic
- Provide educational programs and opportunities
- Accept gifts for the use and benefit of the organization
- Engage in any lawful act or activity within such purposes as provided by the Kansas General Corporation Code and Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law.
- Not use any part of the new earnings of this corporation inure to the benefit or be distributable to its members, directors officers, or other private persons.
- Not use any substantial part of this corporation's activities for the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- The KCF actively promotes better health through chiropractic to the general public through materials, seminars, television and radio spots, active participation in communities and health fairs on a state and local level.
- The KCF annually sponsors the chiropractic education and research run (CER-RUN) which is held in Wichita, Kansas. The CER-RUN provides exposure to thousands of people through the Wichita media, including television coverage about chiropractic and better health through chiropractic care.
- The KCF provides funding for advertising to promote inclusion of Doctors of Chiropractic as primary providers in health maintenance organizations and other insurance plans.
- The KCF makes available educational materials to the public regarding the benefits of chiropractic. This material includes matters of public concern, including information regarding workers' compensation injuries, personal injuries, Social Security and other matters affecting the general public's physical and mental well-being. These materials are distributed at no cost.
Think about it. Do you want to just sit back and let a people in your community continue to have recurring health problems because they are taking medications that only treat the symptoms?
As a member of KCF you have the ability to change things and allow people throughout Kansas to hear the benefits of our industry. The future of the Chiropractic industry is in our hands and therefore, you MUST become involved in how much people know about us in Kansas. KCF is here for you. Let's join together to make the chiropractic industry bigger and better.
- Become a member of the KCF. All (100%) of the membership dues benefit the chiropractic professional, as the KCF employs no staff.
- Memorial Contributions can be made in the name of your loved ones. Contributions can be specifically designated for public education, research or general funding of the Foundation. (link to Endowments)
- Gifts may also be given to the KCF in the form of cash, stocks/bonds, life insurance, trusts, etc.
Please remember that chiropractic is a giving profession. Through the practice of your art, you have been able to give the public a health care alternative that works. There are still individuals out there who suffer and who have not had the benefit of chiropractic care. Now is the time to continue our efforts to educate the public and eradicate so much of the needless suffering and expense. Your participation and contributions are needed now more than ever. The KCF is a non-profit, non-staffed corporation. Every dollar received goes back to the benefit of the public and our profession.
View Board of Directors & Committee Chairs List